Well today we decided to work on the ponds, well my hubby worked and I took pictures. He drained the bottom pond, which is the one we’re going to do away with, he hand caught most of the fish that was in there and tossed them up to the next pond, which is going to be expanded on. The next pond up is connect to the front pond (see photos & blog “I Can’t Believe I’m Doing This!” ) will be drained and cleaned, but we will cap the connecting pipe so the upper pond isn’t drained. We haven’t done a major cleaning on these ponds like this in many many years.
We managed to disrupt 2 of our local garter snakes, my hubby took a minute to catch one. They kept an eye on him, probably trying to figure out what he was doing to their ponds.
Anyway, we’re suppose to get some horrible storms tonight, so he’s done for the day. That will give the fish and snakes a chance to settle.