Okay this recipe is from the New Recipe Of The Day: Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding from the Earth Diet. I have to say, this is by far my favorite. My hubby likes it too, so that means a whole lot. This recipe is sweet and flavorful. It has the texture of tapioca pudding and is creamy all at the same time. I wouldn’t change a thing. Here’s the recipe, I didn’t have enough chia seeds to make this so I cut it in half and it made plenty for the 2 of us:
2 cups chia seeds
1 package/punnet blueberries (a punnet is like a dry pint)
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
4 tbsp maple syrup
6 cups almond milk (hemp milk for nut alternative)
1. Put almond milk and1/4 cup of blueberries in a high speed blender.
2. Blend until blueberries are mixed well with almond milk.
3. Add vanilla bean (or extract) and maple syrup and process again, just enough to mix ingredients.
4. Put chia seeds in a serving bowl.
5. Pour mixture from blender into bowl.
6. Add remaining blueberries and mix thoroughly.
7. Cover and let sit for at least an hour, the longer you wait, the softer the chia seeds!
*You could also eat this right away after preparing it, but the chia seeds will be a little crunchy.
8. Garnish with whole blueberries.
NOTE: I made this around lunch time and kept it in the fridge until after dinner, it was perfect.