Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts & Parmesan, recipe from: Bay Area Bites
I love Brussels Sprouts, don’t you?? So when I saw this recipe I had to give it a try. And, yes, I ate dairy. Sometime a little cheese won’t bother me, and it didn’t, but you’ll see on the coming blogs, I did ‘fall off the wagon’ but I have now picked myself up and am back on the wagon, tody.
The only problem I had, I could NOT get those little buggers on skewers, so I just did them in a jelly roll pan. My suggestion to you is, apply a cooking spray to the pan before lining it with the parchment paper, mine stuck so bad I had to let it soak overnight, or maybe use foil instead then their won’t be any problems. If you can get them on skewers try grilling them, thats what I was going to do. The only change that I made was, I put the pine nuts in the oven with the brussels sprouts 10 minutes before the brussels sprouts were done (REMEMBER: a recipe is only a guide, make changes that suit your lifestyle).
Here’s the recipe as posted on the Bay Area Bites blog, drop by their blog and see what they have going on there.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 1/8 cup pine nuts, finely diced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- 1. Trim and peel away the outer leaves of each Brussels sprout and then half them.
- 2. Slide the Brussels sprout halves onto the skewers, about six to eight halves per skewer.
- 3. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and places the skewers halved-side up.
- 4. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over each skewer, trying to “fill up” the Brussels sprouts. (Next time I’m going to put the oil and vinegar in a bowl and brush it on, I think it will get in the brussels sprouts better)
- 5. Bake the skewers at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until they are cooked and crispy
- 6. Plate the skewers on a serving tray and cover them with shaved Parmesan and the pine nuts. (I added my pine nuts to the brussels sprouts 10 minutes before removing them from the oven, I prefer them roasted, I like the flavor better)
Enjoy! Let me know how you liked them.