Cheesy Quinoa Bites from So Very Blessed
It just so happened when I came across this recipe that I had leftover quinoa in the fridge, I had made the night before and added french cut green beans to it. So, in my photos you will see green beans, that are not in the recipe, which goes to show you once again, A Recipe Is Only A Guide! make yours suit your needs & likes. These came out very good and I will definitely make them again. The recipe on So Very Blessed said they got 28 bites, I got 2 dozen, I possibly filled my cups more, so in no time you can feed a crowd, this would be a great appetizer for a dinner party.
Here’s the recipe as written on So Very Blessed blog, take a minute to go and check out their pages. The only change I made to this recipe other than the green beans, was I used gluten free flour instead of regular flour. If you read the comments below So Very Blessed recipe you’ll see how folks have made changes. Like rice flour, almond flour, cheddar cheese, etc. So, here it is:
Cheesy Quinoa Bites
Makes: ~ 28 bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (So Very Blessed, cooked their quinoa in low sodium chicken broth. I just used water)
- 2 large eggs (I used fresh free range eggs, of course)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour (I used gluten free flour)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.