from Sweetly Raw
Last night I had an intimate dinner party for 6. We love to entertain and I love to cook/bake. I love cooking for guests because I have in house Guinea pigs! 🙂 My guests, love to be my Guinea pigs, which is a plus.
Last nights menu was:
Sorry, I am going to post a few other recipes, but I was only thinking of blogging about this cake, so didn’t take any photos of the rest. I’ll get the hang of this blogging one of these days!
- Large Mixed Green Salad (I always make a large salad so I have left overs)
- Fresh Bake Oatmeal Bread (recipe below, sorry no photos, I don’t know what I was thinking or not thinking)
- Cubed Chicken Breast on Skewers, marinated over night (just the cubed meat) in Italian dressing, use what you like.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Butter (see recipe below, again, sorry no pics)
- Steamed Broccoli
- Pasta Salad (rice shell pasta with peas)
- Coleslaw (I’ve blogged this one before, so just click here, its the KFC recipe)
and…………… da da ta da!
Italian Raw Chocolate Cake, a set on Flickr. (click on the photos to see them larger)
Cacao Whipped Cream3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup walnuts
3 tablespoons cacao powder
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons carob powder
Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean (I used pure vanilla extract, about a tsp)
Pinch celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons melted cacao butter (I didn’t have cacao butter, so I googled to see what I could use instead and coconut oil was one of the suggestions, so I used that)
1 tablespoons coconut oilIn a blender, combine all but the butter and oil, until smooth and creamy.
Add the cacao butter and coconut oil and blend to incorporate.
Here’s the other recipes:
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
3 1/3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeastPut all the ingredients into your bread maker according to your bread maker instructions, some say dry ingredients first some say wet. If available, select whole grain cycle, or select the basic white bread cycle.My guests loved it, I didn’t try it because of the wheat. Let me know how you like it.
Soften a stick or two of unsalted butter, whip with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add cinnamon to taste.