BLACK BEAN SALAD with CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING
adapted from Black Bean Salad with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
Okay, I saw this recipe on Facebook yesterday and had most of the ingredients, the important ones I had, so decided to make it right away. So, you can click on the above link to see the original recipe if you like. Mine is below. It was delish!
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1-15 ounce can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 can whole corn kernel drained
- 1 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped (the original recipe calls for 1 avocado and 1/2 for the dressing, so what to do with the extra half, I added it to the salad)
- 1 spring onion, chopped (white and green parts)
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (I used dried, I didn’t have any fresh on hand)
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
For the Dressing:
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, scraping down the sides. Keep leftovers refrigerated for about 3 days.
For the salad:
Toss lettuce, black bean, corn, avocado, spring onion in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing and serve.
The original recipe calls for bell pepper which I did not have on hand, if I had it I would have used it. I also might add some diced cucumber next time and possibly a little tomato. Make it your way. Use what you have on hand. It is a salad after all. 😉 Enjoy!